Julie is a multi-award winning bodypainter and special effects makeup artist. She is the founder and head artist at Skincognito Bodypainting.
Julie’s work features in television, feature film, music videos, events, runway and advertising. Her clients include Ashton Kutcher, The Veronicas, Chris Lilley, Kyle Sandilands, Ricki-Lee Coulter and Jarryd Hayne, as well as hundreds of Australia’s largest corporations, networks and PR firms.
Julie is the founder of The Global College of Body Art, where she has personally trained over 600 artists and is the author of industry text “Face Painting for Fun”.
How did she get into Bodypainting?
After an economics degree and 12 years in the financial markets, Julie felt a strong craving to discover her true passion and a more purposeful life. She left the corporate world and volunteered in the children’s cancer wards of Sydney’s two largest children’s hospitals. Despite never having painted before, she set up a free weekly face and arm painting service to entertain the children undergoing chemotherapy. Over the two years at the hospitals, she developed a deep love of both painting, and the connection made with people while being painted. She had found her true passion and never looked back.
Where is Julie based?
Julie runs the Skincognito Bodypainting studio in Grays Point NSW (45mins south of the Sydney CBD) however she spends a large portion of her working time on location for clients both in Sydney, interstate and internationally.
- First place winner of two national body painting championships in 2012 and 2013
- First place winner in NSW face painting “Face Off” championships 2013
- Author of industry text book “Face Painting for Fun”
- Judge for three national body painting competitions
- Guest speaker for the makeup industry’s prestigious IMATS (International Makeup Artists Trade Show)
- Creator and presenter of “The Body Art Show”
- Author of industry blog “Confessions of a Body Painter”
- Editor of “BodyArtist Magazine”
Read More on: About Skincognito